Monday, December 28, 2009

Exhaust finished!

The exhaust system went on today. Combined, it took basically 2 good days, 3 trips to Shuck's, 1 trip to Hankins Hardware and 1 trip to Baxter Auto Parts. Lucky for me, Eli was down with my cost cutting complex and I was able to return the most expensive parts and custom some stuff together.

The first day I drove home with half an exhaust system and it was pretty funny. The second day I drove home with half of my new exhaust system installed, and it was miserable. Doubling the size of the exhaust pipe more than doubled the volume, my ears hurt just remembering the trip blasting down I-205 to catch "Avatar". I'm sorry to everyone I passed.

The following day I got a message from Eli that he'd finished up all the welds and the rest of the exhaust was ready to bolt on. It was a short and sweet day, and I love the new car's new voice.





1 comment: